Vintage Organic Cider and Normandy Chicken Casserole
- 500ml Dunkertons Organic Vintage Cider*
- Olive oil
- 6 chicken legs
- 200g The Cotswold Curer pancetta*
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves, crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 150ml crème fraiche
*Ingredients available from our Cheltenham Shop
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan or gas 4.
- Warm 2 tbsp olive oil in a casserole dish.
- Season the chicken legs to your preference and fry until golden and crisp, then remove.
- Add the pancetta and fry until some fat has been released, then add the onions.
- Cook until clear, then add the garlic and fry for a minute before adding in the flour.
- Add the Vintage Organic Cider and let it bubble for a minute.
- Add the stock, thyme and bay leaf.
- Bring back to a simmer, season well, and add the chicken legs.
- Cover and transfer to the oven for 40 minutes, then remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Stir the crème fraîche into the sauce and return to the hob to bubble and thicken.
- Add back the chicken.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
We highly encourage the use of organic and sustainable produce wherever possible to achieve high quality, flavoursome results every time whilst doing your part for the environment.