Browns Organic Cider Salted Caramel & Apple Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 eating apple, cored and cut into chunks (not peeled)
- 175ml Dunkertons Organic Browns Cider
- 125g organic unsalted butter, softened
- 125g lt brown sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 225g plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
For the Drizzle:
• 50ml Dunkertons Organic Browns Cider
• 250g granulated sugar
• 60ml water
• 150ml organic double cream
• ¼ tsp salt flakes
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C for fan oven.
- Soak the apple chunks in the Browns Organic Cider.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the apple and cider to the mix and gently stir being careful to not overmix.
- Pour batter into cake tin and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Drizzle
- Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently until it bubbles and the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cider and without stirring boil for 5-7 minutes until it is a golden colour.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream until combined. Be careful it will bubble up and spit.
- Stir in the salt.
- Allow to cool, then drizzle the cooled caramel over the cake.
We highly encourage the use of organic and sustainable produce wherever possible to achieve high quality, flavoursome results every time whilst doing your part for the environment.