- 90g plain flour
- • 30g rice flour
- • 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • 1 tbls of paprika
- • 250ml of very cold Dunkertons Organic Dry Cider
- • 2 cod fillets* dusted in seasoned flour *Look for seafoood carrying the blue MSC label to know that you are buying certified sustainable fish
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl before slowly whisking in the cider until just incorporated - be careful not to overmix or worry about flour lumps. The mix should be thick enough to easily coat the back of a spoon. If the batter is too thick add 1 tbls of cider at a time to the mix until the correct consistency is reached.
- Dust the fish portions with the seasoned flour and then dip into the batter.
- Carefully lower the fish into preheated oil (190 degrees) and cook until the batter is golden. This takes approximately 3 minutes but remember to flip the fish after 2 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Drain on a paper towel.
Season with salt before serving alongside chunky chips.
Photos property of The Lucky Onion