- 1 clove of garlic, skinned and cut in half
- *200ml Dunkertons Organic Black Fox Cider
- *350g Godminster cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Pinch of dry mustard powder
- 2 tbsp brandy or sherry
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- *1x La Boulangerie Artisan French baguette
*Ingredients available from our Cheltenham Shop
- Rub the base and sides of a small pan with the cut side of the garlic to give a very mild garlic flavour to the fondue.
- Pour in the cider and heat gently.
- Gradually stir in the Godminster Cheddar and continue to heat gently until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Blend the cornflour and mustard power and combine with sherry or brandy to form a smooth paste, then add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the cornflour mix into the cheese and stir over heat until the mixture thickens.
Season the fondue to your taste and serve with slices of La Boulangerie Artisan French baguette.
We highly encourage the use of organic and sustainable produce wherever possible to achieve high quality, flavoursome results every time whilst doing your part for the environment.