1. Organic food is food you can trust – hydrogenated fats and controversial additives like aspartame, tartrazine and MSG are banned under organic standards.
2. Organic farming reduces pollution and greenhouse gases released from food production by restricting the use of artificial chemical fertilisers and pesticides.
3. Organic farms are havens for wildlife and provide homes for bees, birds and butterflies. In fact, plant, insect and bird life is up to 50% greater on organic farms.
4. Research shows significant differences in anti-oxidant levels between organic and non-organic crops
5. Organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow – guaranteeing a truly free-range life.
6. GM crops and ingredients are banned under organic standards.